Five Questions For DHHS Secretary Aldona Wos
RALEIGH—For the first time in months we MAY get real answers from DHHS Sec. Aldona Wos when she takes questions from an NCGA oversight committee. Here are five questions Progress NC Action would like answered.
1) Were the jobs held by two 24-year-old former McCrory campaign staffers ever publicly advertised and were any other applicants considered? If not, how can we be sure they were the best choices?
2) With so many problems facing DHHS, why does it appear that the top qualification for getting hired at DHHS is to be a current or former Republican activist?
3) Why was Thomas Adams employment cut short after one month and why was he given a $37,000 severance package?
4) Who are Aldona Wos’ bodyguards? Who is paying them? And why are they blocking reporters from asking her questions?
5) What is Sec. Wos going to do to restore the public trust in DHHS?