Communications Project Manager
ProgressNC / ProgressNC Action
POSTING CLOSES: MONDAY, JAN. 28TH:
Progress North Carolina has an immediate need for a Communications Project Manager to lead the day-to-day execution of a statewide earned media campaign to protect the Mueller investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 presidential election. This is a temporary four-month position to place op-eds and letters-to-the-editor in local newspapers, coordinate press events and rallies, and work with the existing Progress staff and tools to educate the public on the need to allow the Mueller investigation to finish its work and to make public the final investigative report without redactions. The Comms Project Manager will work with media and activists across the state and respond rapidly to significant developments in the Mueller investigation and its critics in Congress.
Progress North Carolina is a 501(c)3 non-profit progressive communications hub which provides a unified, research-driven voice for progressive groups on the issues which matter most to North Carolinians. With aggressive traditional and digital media strategies, ProgressNC works to promote progressive values and to hold public officials accountable. ProgressNC’s tactics are assertive, creative, and credible. ProgressNC Action is an affiliated 501(c)4 social welfare organization. ProgressNC / PNC Action are committed to building an innovative and integrated coalition in North Carolina that advances progressive values and workable public policy solutions to create opportunities for future generations.
- Lead day-to-day execution of earned media campaign to protect the Mueller investigation.
- Stay up to date with latest news on the Mueller investigation and attempts in Congress to derail the public’s right to see the final investigative report.
- Use research-based messaging and data to develop best message points.
- Write / edit drafts of op-eds and letters-to-the-editor of local newspapers across NC.
- Aggressively pitch stories to news reporters and build relationships with news outlets.
- Build contacts and relationships with grass roots activists motivated by the Mueller investigation.
- Utilize earned and social media, web-based innovative technologies and other creative media outlets.
- Serve as an organization spokesperson and progressive spokesperson of last resort on questions around the Mueller investigation.
- Extensive in-state travel at times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year in a non-profit, political, or community organizing campaign communications role, public relations / public affairs, or professional news outlet.
- Experience with print, television, radio and online media outlets.
- Experience in a fast-paced campaign atmosphere preferred.
- Excellent oral / written communications skills and organizational / time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Diplomatic and professional approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work a flexible work schedule.
Salary Range: $3,500-5,000 / month. This is a temporary, full-time position expected to last at least four months with the possibility of expanding
Progress North Carolina is an equal opportunity employer. Progress North Carolina is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse working environment. Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply right now by sending a resume or CV, cover letter, and three writing samples (op-eds, LTEs, press releases, preferred) to email@example.com
THIS POSTING CLOSES ON MONDAY, JAN. 28TH: